Monday, November 8, 2010

Whoosh!

Though I hate the huge gain, oh how I love the whoosh!  However, I wouldn't recommend it as a dieting pattern to follow. (Hey!  Where are the smileys on this thing? lol)  Eleven pounds lost this week.  Yes, I was indeed floating a week ago today.  Back on land and into a new "decade" - the 60's!

(Right now as I write this I'm eating Wheat Chex.  Don't you love how "meaty" it is?  Really substantial food.)

Recently I bought a pretty "dessert" plate on which to eat my meals - one of those trendy square jobs with a lovely design.  The reason?  As part of my portion control program, the food I eat is swallowed up in my big dinner plates.  This way I can deceive myself a little into thinking I'm actually getting a good amount of food, though the portions are fairly small.

This week I will be joining another health club facility which has a pool so I can train for the swimming portion of the tri.  I'm a bit trepidatious about this because I hate how I look in a swimsuit.  My legs are just hanging with cellulite and extra skin - my arms too.  I have to block those feelings of inadequacy, ignore the stares and go full speed ahead.  This is what's best for my health.

Do what is best for you today!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for whooshes!

    Hey, about the swimsuit... I've seen lots of ladies wear those black shorts that are sort of like bike shorts into the pool. Maybe you'd like something like that??

    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete